Quote from Intro:

"Anyone can cook, and most everyone should. It's a sorry sign that many people consider cooking 'from scratch' an unusual and even rare talent.
In fact, it is a simple and rewarding craft, one that anyone can learn and even succeed at from the get-go."
-Bittman, HTCE

Monday, February 22, 2010

Danielle



  • I'm 25 and live with two college students in a house with 11 people total - we're all friends and eat together frequently. I usually make an entire recipe and it's gone before we can have leftovers.
  • I have been with my boyfriend for 4.5 years. He's a vegetarian and enjoys eating whatever I make. :)
  • I stopped eating meat sometime in April after watching a disturbing documentary. Sometimes I'll have meat if there's no other option or if I'm really craving it, but for now I consider myself a less-meatarian (like Mark!) who eats fish and other seafood. I just like to eat more vegetables and grains to have a smaller impact on the planet.
  • Eating vegetarian has made me love so many foods that I always hated before including: broccoli, artichokes, spinach, peppers, and asparagus.
  • I occasionally bring lunch to work but I mostly snack throughout the workday (5-2pm) and cook for dinner.
  • I mostly shop at Whole Foods and the local market.
  • Bridgette got me this cook book for my birthday. Even though I didn't really cook meat before, it's made being vegetarian and cooking for myself so much easier!!

1 comment:

  1. Great picture, D! I don't know why I'm just now reading this!

    ReplyDelete

Oooooh, we love comments!!