Quote from Intro:

"Anyone can cook, and most everyone should. It's a sorry sign that many people consider cooking 'from scratch' an unusual and even rare talent.
In fact, it is a simple and rewarding craft, one that anyone can learn and even succeed at from the get-go."
-Bittman, HTCE

Friday, February 5, 2010

Chicken Cutlets Roasted with Tomatoes

Since boneless/skinless chicken breasts are relatively good for you and they are on sale frequently, I am often looking for new and delicious things to do with them. This recipe fits that bill. I thought the flavors were great (tomato and cumin with EVOO) and my husband also agreed. We ate this over polenta and it was a really good backdrop to highlight all the flavors in the meat. Another plus is that since the oven temp is so high you can make it from start to finish in less than 30 minutes.

HTCE p.672

1 comment:

  1. We love this, too, and I've made it often (in fact, we had it this week over polenta!). I've used both cilantro and parsley. The kids like the parsley version better, but my husband and I like the cilantro better. Although Bittman says it's Moroccan in feel, I think the cilantro version also sways toward Mexican in feel. We've served it with potatoes, rice, polenta,.... It doesn't get super saucy--more like chunky tomatoes with a little juice.

    ReplyDelete

Oooooh, we love comments!!