Quote from Intro:

"Anyone can cook, and most everyone should. It's a sorry sign that many people consider cooking 'from scratch' an unusual and even rare talent.
In fact, it is a simple and rewarding craft, one that anyone can learn and even succeed at from the get-go."
-Bittman, HTCE

Monday, February 1, 2010

Roasted Nuts with Oil or Butter


I used this recipe to bake pumpkin seeds this past Halloween and they turned out great. I tried three of the variations that are kind-of suggested here:
  • Olive oil with salt and pepper (really good)
  • Olive oil with a jamacian jerk seasoning mix (good)
  • Butter with brown sugar and cinnamon (great)
They were all delicious, but I loved the sweet nuts better than the other variations.

I did not toss the nuts in a bowl, but instead just poured the toppings into one of the aluminum foil wells that I made on my cookie sheet.

HTCE p.80
HTCEV p.323

Full Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooooh, we love comments!!