Quote from Intro:

"Anyone can cook, and most everyone should. It's a sorry sign that many people consider cooking 'from scratch' an unusual and even rare talent.
In fact, it is a simple and rewarding craft, one that anyone can learn and even succeed at from the get-go."
-Bittman, HTCE

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simplest Whole Roast Chicken

I decided to try this recipe so we would have something for sandwiches instead of all the chemical and salt-laden meats we had been eating for lunch. Well, this was too good for sandwiches! It never made it on a slice of bread. I used the basic recipe adding a few sprigs of fresh rosemary. Easy and ready in an hour.

HTCE p. 644
Full Recipe (with lots of variations)

2 comments:

  1. I agree! 5 stars for sure. People look askance when I say I roast a chicken often. But, it's not hard and so tasty. I make broth with my carcass (just throw the whole thing in a stockpot and pour some water on it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it is soooooo cheap! I need to come up with more leftover recipes for the leftover chicken though because my husband doesn't like microwaved chicken.....

    ReplyDelete

Oooooh, we love comments!!