Quote from Intro:

"Anyone can cook, and most everyone should. It's a sorry sign that many people consider cooking 'from scratch' an unusual and even rare talent.
In fact, it is a simple and rewarding craft, one that anyone can learn and even succeed at from the get-go."
-Bittman, HTCE

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simplest Dal

I wanted to replicate the lentil soup from our favorite Greek restaurant but this recipe needs a few adjustments, or maybe I should choose one of the other lentil soup recipes from this book. I will try this again but I'll make these adjustments:
  • double the garlic
  • reduce the cardamom pods to 1
  • omit the mustard seeds
HTCE p. 433
HTCEV p.600


Update: I just found this article written by Bittman about Dal.  Here is the recipe that goes along with the video in the post.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I really don't know where to start when it comes to beans so I need lots of input! I had this on a list to make for Philip using the lentils in my pantry so I'll make your adjustments when I do make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the Lentil Soup with Roasted Garlic tonight. Delish! I'll post with a picture later.

    ReplyDelete

Oooooh, we love comments!!